"My husband and I have cut down considerably on fat and sugar, so I'm always on the lookout for dessert recipes like this one," says Ruth Vauthrin of Costa Mesa, California. With only four ingredients, the pudding is quick to prepare, too.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 5 min.
- 2 cups (16 ounces) fat-free sour cream
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) unsweetened crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 package (1 ounces) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 6 vanilla wafers
- In a bowl, whisk the sour cream, pineapple and pudding mix until
- blended and thickened. Serve immediately with vanilla wafers.
- Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (2/3 cup pudding with 1 wafer) equals 159 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 274 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat-free milk, 1 fruit.