Pineapple Pudding Cake Recipe
- 1 package (9 ounces) yellow cake mix
- 1-1/2 cups cold fat-free milk
- 1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, well drained
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen fat-free whipped topping, thawed
- 1/4 cup Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts, toasted
- 20 maraschino cherries, well drained
- Prepare cake mix batter according to package directions; pour into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in pudding mixture until blended. Spread evenly over cake. Sprinkle with pineapple; spread with whipped topping. Sprinkle with walnuts and garnish with cherries. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 20 servings.
Reviews for Pineapple Pudding Cake(132)
Sort By :
This was very good, but I'm not sure what I think about the cream cheese...That part was not quite sweet enough when mixed with only pudding and no additional sugar. Otherwise great! I think it would be good with strawberries instead of pineapple to compliment the cream cheese.
I used the recipe as a guideline, but made my own cake and pudding from scratch, and no fat-free or sugar-free stuff. I also topped with toasted coconut instead of walnuts.
We were not patient enough to wait for it to chill so it might be better cold!
I made this cake last night for the family, since they love pineapple...Three cheers for this wonderful recipe. I even like it and I am not a pineapple eater. Thanks Kathleen for sharing!
I saw this recipe about 2 years ago in the Kraft Foods cookbook. I actually changed everything from fat-free to regular.
Took this cake to a family gathering everyone loved it. This cake is moist and YUMMY!
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cake Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cherry Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Diabetic Desserts >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Desserts >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Desserts >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Jello Pudding Cake >
- Jello Pudding Recipes >