- 1 package (9 ounces) yellow cake mix
- 1-1/2 cups cold fat-free milk
- 1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, well drained
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen fat-free whipped topping, thawed
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 20 maraschino cherries, well drained
- Prepare cake mix batter according to package directions; pour into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in pudding mixture until blended. Spread evenly over cake. Sprinkle with pineapple; spread with whipped topping. Sprinkle with walnuts and garnish with cherries. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 20 servings.
Reviews for Pineapple Pudding Cake
Sort By :
"Great easy recipe"
"Easy to make. Very light and refreshing. Made for dinner party and everyone like it--even seconds for some. Would definitely make again. I put shaved almonds on top and they tasted good on it."
"I make a cake like this except I use two 20 oz cans crushed pineapple I use the juice in place of water for the cake. I bake the cake then when it's cooling I take an 8oz cream cheese (soften) cut into chunks & 1 cup milk beat it till its pretty well broke up then add vanilla or french vanilla instant pudding(4oz) to the milk & cream cheese & beat till thickened.You will have some little lumps in pudding but it doesn't matter. Spread this on the cooled cake then put your crushed pineapple all over the top of pudding mixture then I put 8oz cool whip & top that with bakers angel flake coconut so good. :-)"
"Scrumptious cake!!! I didn't put nuts."
"very nice recipe and cake"