- 1 package (9 ounces) yellow cake mix
- 1-1/2 cups cold fat-free milk
- 1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, well drained
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen fat-free whipped topping, thawed
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 20 maraschino cherries, well drained
- Prepare cake mix batter according to package directions; pour into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in pudding mixture until blended. Spread evenly over cake. Sprinkle with pineapple; spread with whipped topping. Sprinkle with walnuts and garnish with cherries. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 20 servings.
Reviews for Pineapple Pudding Cake
Sort By :
"Scrumptious cake!!! I didn't put nuts."
"very nice recipe and cake"
"This was very good, but I'm not sure what I think about the cream cheese...That part was not quite sweet enough when mixed with only pudding and no additional sugar. Otherwise great! I think it would be good with strawberries instead of pineapple to compliment the cream cheese.I used the recipe as a guideline, but made my own cake and pudding from scratch, and no fat-free or sugar-free stuff. I also topped with toasted coconut instead of walnuts.We were not patient enough to wait for it to chill so it might be better cold!"
"I made this cake last night for the family, since they love pineapple...Three cheers for this wonderful recipe. I even like it and I am not a pineapple eater. Thanks Kathleen for sharing!"