Pineapple Pudding Cake Recipe
My mother used to love making this easy dessert in the summertime. It's so cool and refreshing that it never lasts very long! Kathleen Worden - North Andover, Massachusetts
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min. + chilling YIELD:20 servings
- 1 package (9 ounces) yellow cake mix
- 1-1/2 cups cold fat-free milk
- 1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, well drained
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen fat-free whipped topping, thawed
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 20 maraschino cherries, well drained
- 1. Prepare cake mix batter according to package directions; pour into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- 3. In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set.
- 4. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in pudding mixture until blended. Spread evenly over cake. Sprinkle with pineapple; spread with whipped topping. Sprinkle with walnuts and garnish with cherries. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 20 servings.
1 piece equals 131 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 217 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1-1/2 starch.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC