- 1 package (9 ounces) yellow cake mix
- 1-1/2 cups cold fat-free milk
- 1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, well drained
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen fat-free whipped topping, thawed
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 20 maraschino cherries, well drained
- Prepare cake mix batter according to package directions; pour into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in pudding mixture until blended. Spread evenly over cake. Sprinkle with pineapple; spread with whipped topping. Sprinkle with walnuts and garnish with cherries. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 20 servings.
Reviews for Pineapple Pudding Cake
"Made it as written, turned out great. Will make again"
"Awesome awesome awesome it was so easy turned out really good can't wait to make it again. I changed two things I used French vanilla cake mix and half cup of silk vanilla soy creamer cause I ran out of fat free milk it came out great enjoy."
"Made this last week for the first time. It is addictive!! I used regular cake mix and coconut cream pudding. I toasted coconut to top with walnuts and cherries. looks sooo good. I made one tonite using chocolate cake and vanilla pudding. Haven't tasted that yet but will rate that as well. This cake tastes as good as it looks. Thank you for sharing!"
"Great easy recipe"
"Easy to make. Very light and refreshing. Made for dinner party and everyone like it--even seconds for some. Would definitely make again. I put shaved almonds on top and they tasted good on it."