Pineapple Pretzel Fluff Recipe
Looking for something different to bring to a potluck? Beth Olby of Ashland, Wisconsin, says, "Everyone goes crazy for this sweet and crunchy combination. Be sure to add the pretzel mixture right before serving to keep it crispy."
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + chilling YIELD:6 servings
- 1 cup coarsely crushed pretzels
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the pretzels, butter and 1/2 cup sugar. Press into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- 2. Bake at 400° for 7 minutes. Cool. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and remaining sugar until creamy. Fold in pineapple and whipped topping; chill until serving. Break pretzel mixture into small pieces; stir into pineapple mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 665 calories, 38 g fat (27 g saturated fat), 82 mg cholesterol, 485 mg sodium, 73 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC