Pineapple Pound Cake Recipe
Jazz up the basic batter with golden pineapple, red cherries and pecan halves to create this lovely upside-down dessert. "I usually entertain anywhere from 12 to 20 guests, so this moist cake is often on the menu," Joan notes.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 55 min. + cooling YIELD:12 servings
- 1 can (20 ounces) sliced pineapple
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 9 maraschino cherries, halved
- Pecan halves, optional
- 4-1/2 cups pound cake batter (from Pound Cake Ring )
- 1. Drain pineapple, reserving 1 tablespoon juice; set aside (discard remaining juice or save for another use). In a saucepan over low heat, cook and stir brown sugar and butter until sugar is dissolved; add the reserved pineapple juice. Pour into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- 2. Cut pineapple slices in half. Arrange in a single layer in three lengthwise rows, alternating the direction of each row. Place a cherry, cut side up, between each pineapple slice. If desired, place pecan halves around the sides of the dish. Carefully spoon batter over the top and spread gently. Bake at 350° for 40 minutes longer or until a toothpick inserted into the cake near the center comes out clean. Immediately invert onto a serving platter. Cool. Yield: 12 servings.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC