- 1 can (20 ounces) sliced pineapple
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 9 maraschino cherries, halved
- Pecan halves, optional
- 4-1/2 cups pound cake batter (from Pound Cake Ring )
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1 tablespoon juice; set aside (discard remaining juice or save for another use). In a saucepan over low heat, cook and stir brown sugar and butter until sugar is dissolved; add the reserved pineapple juice. Pour into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Cut pineapple slices in half. Arrange in a single layer in three lengthwise rows, alternating the direction of each row. Place a cherry, cut side up, between each pineapple slice. If desired, place pecan halves around the sides of the dish. Carefully spoon batter over the top and spread gently. Bake at 350° for 40 minutes longer or until a toothpick inserted into the cake near the center comes out clean. Immediately invert onto a serving platter. Cool. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Pineapple Pound Cake in Quick Cooking May/June 2002, p33
Reviews for Pineapple Pound Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review