Pineapple Pork Tenderloin Recipe
- 1 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 2 pork tenderloins (3/4 pound each)
- 1 fresh pineapple, cut into 12 slices
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Pour 2/3 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag. Add the pork; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack.
- 3. Prepare grill for indirect heat, using a drip pan. Place pork over drip pan and grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 25-30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°, basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
- 4. Meanwhile, grill pineapple slices for 2-3 minutes on each side or until heated through; serve with pork. Yield: 4 servings.
5 ounces cooked pork with 3 pineapple slices equals 295 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 95 mg cholesterol, 523 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 36 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 fruit.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.