Pineapple Pork Kabobs Recipe
Pork tenderloin is marinated and grilled to tender perfection in these eye-catching kabobs. Enjoy the skewers with strawberry gelatin and chocolate cupcakes for dessert...or round out dinner with canned peaches and vanilla ice cream.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 5 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min. YIELD:2 servings
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 pound pork tenderloin, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 small sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/2 small green pepper, cut into 1-inch chunks
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- 1. Drain pineapple, reserving juice; refrigerate the pineapple. In a bowl, combine the pineapple juice, vinegar, brown sugar and pepper. Pour half of the marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the pork. Seal and turn to coat; refrigerate for 4 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade from pork. On metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread the pork, pineapple and pepper. Grill kabobs, covered, over medium heat for 10-15 minutes or until vegetables are tender and meat is no longer pink, turning and basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC