Pineapple Pork Kabobs Recipe
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 pound pork tenderloin, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 small sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/2 small green pepper, cut into 1-inch chunks
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice; refrigerate the pineapple. In a bowl, combine the pineapple juice, vinegar, brown sugar and pepper. Pour half of the marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the pork. Seal and turn to coat; refrigerate for 4 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- Drain and discard marinade from pork. On metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread the pork, pineapple and pepper. Grill kabobs, covered, over medium heat for 10-15 minutes or until vegetables are tender and meat is no longer pink, turning and basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a light red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Tangley Oaks Pinot Noir 2012 CA, pinot nose with great raspberry and plum flavors...a perfectly balanced lighter wine. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $59.99. Order Now
Reviews for Pineapple Pork Kabobs
Sort By :
It was very simple to make and it was tasty I added a bit of cinnamon for more flavor