Pineapple Pork Chops Recipe
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed unsweetened pineapple, drained
- 1 tablespoon honey mustard
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 bone-in pork loin chop (7 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1. In a bowl, combine the pineapple, mustard, garlic and salt; mix well. Pour 1/2 cup into a large resealable plastic bag; add the pork chops. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for up to 24 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining pineapple mixture.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade from pork. In a nonstick skillet, brown chops on both sides in oil over medium heat. Add reserved pineapple mixture; cover and cook over low heat for 8-10 minutes or until juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
One serving (1 pork chop) equals 262 calories, 11 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 87 mg cholesterol, 238 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 31 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1/2 fruit, 1/2 fat.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.