Pineapple Pork Chops
Marinated in a delightful combination of pineapple, honey mustard and garlic, the entree is simple to prepare and tastes sensational. Since we cut back on red meat, the tasty chops and flavorful sauce fit perfectly with our eating plan.—Michelle Bishop, Peru, Indiana
4 ServingsPrep: 5 min. + marinating Cook: 20 min.
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed unsweetened pineapple, drained
- 1 tablespoon honey mustard
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 bone-in pork loin chop (7 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- In a bowl, combine the pineapple, mustard, garlic and salt; mix well.
- Pour 1/2 cup into a large resealable plastic bag; add the pork
- chops. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for up to 24 hours.
- Cover and refrigerate remaining pineapple mixture.
- Drain and discard marinade from pork. In a nonstick skillet, brown
- chops on both sides in oil over medium heat. Add reserved pineapple
- mixture; cover and cook over low heat for 8-10 minutes or until
- juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (1 pork chop) equals 262 calories, 11 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 87 mg cholesterol, 238 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 31 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1/2 fruit, 1/2 fat.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot