- 1-1/2 cups chopped fresh pineapple or canned pineapple tidbits
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1 package (5-1/4 ounces) coconut cookies
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- COCONUT CREAM:
- 1 can (13.66 ounces) coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small saucepan, combine pineapple and 2 tablespoons sugar. Bring to a boil; cook 6-8 minutes or until liquid is almost evaporated, stirring occasionally. Cool completely.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place cookies in a food processor; pulse until fine crumbs form. Add butter; pulse just until blended. Press onto bottom and up sides of a 9-in. deep-dish pie plate.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and remaining sugar until smooth. Beat in yogurt, almonds and vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until blended. Fold in pineapple mixture. Pour into crust. Bake 35-40 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack 1 hour. Refrigerate pie and can of coconut milk at least 4 hours or until cold.
- Place a mixer bowl and whisk attachment in freezer until cold, about 15 minutes. Turn chilled can of coconut milk upside down; open can. Pour off and discard liquid portion. Transfer solid portion remaining in can to chilled bowl. Add confectioners' sugar and vanilla; beat until stiff peaks form. Serve with pie. Yield: 8 servings (2/3 cup coconut cream).
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Pineapple Pie with Coconut Cream
"This had a grainy texture to it while I was hoping for a more cheesecake creamy one. The cooked pineapple was really good and so was the coconut crust (I used macaroons). I'd use regular whipped cream for the topping, if I were to make this again and sprinkle the nuts on the top when serving, rather than mix them in the pie. This recipe is worth tweaking with to find the right balance, if you are a pineapple/coconut fan."