Pineapple Pepper Salsa Recipe
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/3 cup sweet red pepper jelly
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1. In a small bowl, combine all the ingredients. Serve immediately or refrigerate until serving. Use as a condiment with grilled meats or as a dip with tortilla chips. Yield: 2 cups.
1/4 cup equals 62 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 5 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fruit.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.