Pineapple Pepper Chicken Recipe
- 4 cups unsweetened pineapple juice
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 cups white vinegar
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 6 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 broiler/fryer chickens (3 to 3-1/2 pounds each), cut up
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large saucepan, combine first 10 ingredients; stir until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Set aside. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown chicken in oil on all sides.
- 2. Place chicken in two greased 13x9-in. baking dishes. Pour sauce over chicken. Bake, uncovered, 45 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Add pineapple and green pepper; bake 15 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 483 calories, 11 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 766 mg sodium, 83 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 15 g protein.
Reviews for Pineapple Pepper Chicken
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.