- 4 cups DOLE Canned Pineapple Juice
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 cups white vinegar
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 6 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 broiler/fryer chickens (3 to 3-1/2 pounds each), cut up
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large saucepan, combine first 10 ingredients; stir until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Set aside. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown chicken in oil on all sides.
- Place chicken in two greased 13x9-in. baking dishes. Pour sauce over chicken. Bake, uncovered, 45 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Add pineapple and green pepper; bake 15 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 12 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Pineapple Pepper Chicken
Sort By :
"Made a 1/2 recipe. I could have added a few more pieces of chicken due to all of the sauce. Next time I may reduce the sugar by a bit, as others suggested."
"Having Type ! disbetes makes it impossible to enjoy this chicken. So, that being said, I use only 1/4 of all the ingredients when making this. Also use either boneless/skinless chicken thighs or breasts. OMGoodness, thank you for sharing!! K."
"My family loves this dish!! My husband who never eats leftovers could not wait for the next day to eat it."
"We liked this recipe a lot, but the sauce is pretty sweet and there is too much of it. I made half the recipe, using half the chicken it called for, plus half the sauce....I didn't pour on all the sauce as it would have been swimming in it. When I make it again, I'll make one fourth the sauce when using only one chicken. I'll also reduce the amount of sugar."
"I always add 2 minced garlic cloves, carrots, and snow peas. Good!"