Pineapple Pecan Pie Recipe
A local radio station sponsored a contest that required recipes with three different products from the dairy case. I entered this recipe and won a prize!
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar and salt until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in milk and vanilla; set aside.
- 2. In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and remaining sugar. Stir in pineapple; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil for 2 minutes. Pour into pastry shell; spoon cream cheese mixture over top. Sprinkle with pecans.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 325°; bake 45-50 minutes more or until center is set. Cool completely; chill before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 391 calories, 21 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 91 mg cholesterol, 355 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC