Pineapple Pecan Cups Recipe
"This recipe is a variation of an original recipe I've been making for years," says Marilyn Blankschien of Clintonville, Wisconsin. "The tangy pineapple-cream cheese filling cuts the sweetness of the pecan topping."
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1-1/2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1. In a small bowl, beat butter and cream cheese until smooth. Add flour; mix well. Divide dough into six portions; press onto the bottom and 3/4 in. up the sides of six muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Set aside.
- 2. In another bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth; stir in pineapple. Spread into each cup. Combine the egg, brown sugar, corn syrup, butter, flour and vanilla; stir in pecans. Spoon over filling.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until topping is set. Cool for 10 minutes before carefully removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving equals 298 calories, 20 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 79 mg cholesterol, 137 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC