"This recipe is a variation of an original recipe I've been making for years," says Marilyn Blankschien of Clintonville, Wisconsin. "The tangy pineapple-cream cheese filling cuts the sweetness of the pecan topping."
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1-1/2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- In a small bowl, beat butter and cream cheese until smooth. Add flour; mix well. Divide dough into six portions; press onto the bottom and 3/4 in. up the sides of six muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In another bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth; stir in pineapple. Spread into each cup. Combine the egg, brown sugar, corn syrup, butter, flour and vanilla; stir in pecans. Spoon over filling.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until topping is set. Cool for 10 minutes before carefully removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Pineapple Pecan Cups in Cooking for 2 Winter 2009, p33
Reviews for Pineapple Pecan Cups
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 3, 2011
"I love it so much"