Pineapple-Pecan Cheese Spread
Cynde Sonnier’s smooth and creamy cheese spread is chock-full of red pepper, green chilies and crunchy pecans. It’s always a hit in Mont Belvieu, Texas…and a sure-fire way to get the kids to eat more veggies.
24 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted, divided
- 3/4 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped roasted sweet red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Assorted fresh vegetables
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add the cheddar
- cheese, 3/4 cup pecans, pineapple, chilies, red pepper and garlic
- powder; beat until combined. Transfer to a serving dish. Cover and
- refrigerate until serving.
- Sprinkle with remaining pecans just before serving. Serve with
- vegetables. Yield: 3-3/4 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 100 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 94 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.