Cynde Sonnier’s smooth and creamy cheese spread is chock-full of red pepper, green chilies and crunchy pecans. It’s always a hit in Mont Belvieu, Texas…and a sure-fire way to get the kids to eat more veggies.
Recommended: 25 Christmas Potluck Appetizers for 12 or More
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted, divided
- 3/4 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped roasted sweet red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Assorted fresh vegetables
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add the cheddar cheese, 3/4 cup pecans, pineapple, chilies, red pepper and garlic powder; beat until combined. Transfer to a serving dish. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Sprinkle with remaining pecans just before serving. Serve with vegetables. Yield: 3-3/4 cups.
Originally published as Pineapple-Pecan Cheese Spread in Simple & Delicious January/February 2007, p11
Reviews for Pineapple-Pecan Cheese Spread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 19, 2011
"It was a little bit too mild for me. I added fresh garlic and lemon."
Reviewed Nov. 29, 2009
"This is really good I have made it a number of times now this version and have used fat free cream cheese and cheddar cheese. Both ways are good."