- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, well drained
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 2 cups chopped pecans, divided
- Assorted crackers
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Stir in the pineapple, green pepper, onions, seasonings and 1/2 cup pecans. Place on a sheet of plastic wrap; shape into a ball. Refrigerate overnight.
- Just before serving, roll cheese ball in remaining pecans. Serve with crackers. Yield: 3-1/3 cups.
Reviews for Pineapple Pecan Cheese Ball
"We did not like this at all. I took it to a card party and no one ate it. It was like eating just a spoonful of onions and green peppers - couldn't even taste the pineapple. Very salty, also."
"I have been making this for years and it is very good!! The pecans and pineapple give the ball such an unique flavor. It does have a hard time holding a ball shape however. Not a reason not to make it."
"Mine didn't turn out very solid, but oh my gosh, was it good!! I just turned it into a dip and topped it with the finely chopped pecans. Definitely a keeper, though maybe next time, it will hold a ball shape for me!"
"This is my favorite and my families favorite cheese ball ever. I made this for our Christmas Eve get together and there wasn't even a crumb left. Usually when I make the other 2 that I have over the years, at least I have leftovers LOL. This is the best and easiest to make...can't believe I missed this recipe all these years. Jan V"
"Made for family Christmas Eve get together..only change was adding 1 cup sharp shredded cheddar cheese. My family truly devoured this cheeseball, didn't have a crumb left. Will definitely be a keeper for my family."