- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, well drained
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 2 cups chopped pecans, divided
- Assorted crackers
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Stir in the pineapple, green pepper, onions, seasonings and 1/2 cup pecans. Place on a sheet of plastic wrap; shape into a ball. Refrigerate overnight.
- Just before serving, roll cheese ball in remaining pecans. Serve with crackers. Yield: 3-1/3 cups.
Reviews for Pineapple Pecan Cheese Ball
Sort By :
"We did not like this at all. I took it to a card party and no one ate it. It was like eating just a spoonful of onions and green peppers - couldn't even taste the pineapple. Very salty, also."
"I have been making this for years and it is very good!! The pecans and pineapple give the ball such an unique flavor. It does have a hard time holding a ball shape however. Not a reason not to make it."
"Mine didn't turn out very solid, but oh my gosh, was it good!! I just turned it into a dip and topped it with the finely chopped pecans. Definitely a keeper, though maybe next time, it will hold a ball shape for me!"