Pineapple Pecan Cake Recipe
"A friend told me that this is the best cake he's ever eaten," reports field editor Fern Eleson of Whitney, Nebraska.
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the sugar, flour and baking soda. Combine eggs and pineapple; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in nuts.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 32-38 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- 3. For frosting, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Add confectioners' sugar and vanilla; beat until smooth. Frost cake. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 16 servings.
1 piece equals 386 calories, 17 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 57 mg cholesterol, 249 mg sodium, 57 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Pineapple Pecan Cake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC