Pineapple Pecan Cake Recipe
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the sugar, flour and baking soda. Combine eggs and pineapple; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in nuts.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 32-38 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- 3. For frosting, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Add confectioners' sugar and vanilla; beat until smooth. Frost cake. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 16 servings.
1 piece equals 386 calories, 17 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 57 mg cholesterol, 249 mg sodium, 57 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Pineapple Pecan Cake
"I like the cake, but I can't get the center to bake. I've left it in for about 40 minutes at 350. The center drops after removing from oven. I hate to leave it in longer and get the outside area too dark. I may try draining the pineapple. Any suggestions?"
"Excellent! It's become a family favorite and guests always ask for the recipe."
"Liked it very much and have shared the recipe with others. They all say it is very delicious and plan on making it again. It's a winner."
"This sounds like my carrot (1 cup) cake recipe."