"A friend told me that this is the best cake he's ever eaten," reports field editor Fern Eleson of Whitney, Nebraska.
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, flour and baking soda. Combine eggs and pineapple; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in nuts.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 32-38 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- For frosting, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Add confectioners' sugar and vanilla; beat until smooth. Frost cake. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Pineapple Pecan Cake in Taste of Home April/May 1997, p67
Reviews for Pineapple Pecan Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review