Pineapple Peach Soup Recipe
I like to take this one-of-a-kind soup along to potlucks and other get-togethers. It is usually different than what other people bring, and everyone raves about the flavors.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. + chilling YIELD:9 servings
- 6 medium peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed unsweetened pineapple, undrained
- 1/4 cup white grape juice
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 medium cantaloupe, peeled and seeded
- 1 cup orange juice
- Fresh strawberries and whipped cream, optional
- 1. In 3-qt. saucepan, combine peaches, pineapple, grape juice, lemon juice, honey, cinnamon and nutmeg; bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat; cool to room temperature.
- 2. Place peach mixture a blender or food processor, cover and process until smooth. Pour into a large bowl.
- 3. Cube three-fourths of the cantaloupe and place in a blender; add orange juice. Cover and process until smooth. Pour into a large bowl.
- 4. Finely chop remaining cantaloupe and stir into soup. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours. Garnish with strawberries and whipped cream if desired. Yield: 9 servings (2-1/4 quarts).
1 cup equals 88 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 6 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1-1/2 fruit.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC