Pineapple-Papaya Slaw Recipe
This is no ordinary, boring slaw! Bursting with flavor from fresh fruit, cilantro and red bell pepper, guests will rave over this summer slaw for days! For easier preparation, purchase packaged shredded cabbage. If you cannot find papaya, substitute mango. Taste of Home Test Kitchen - Greendale, Wisconsin
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + chilling YIELD:8 servings
- 1/2 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups shredded cabbage
- 1-1/2 cups cubed fresh pineapple
- 1-1/2 cups chopped peeled papaya
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1. In a small bowl, whisk the pineapple juice, oil, lime juice, cilantro, cumin and salt. In a large bowl, combine the cabbage, pineapple, papaya and pepper. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Stir just before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
1 cup equals 110 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 85 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC