Pineapple-Papaya Slaw Recipe
- 1/2 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups shredded cabbage
- 1-1/2 cups cubed fresh pineapple
- 1-1/2 cups chopped peeled papaya
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1. In a small bowl, whisk the pineapple juice, oil, lime juice, cilantro, cumin and salt. In a large bowl, combine the cabbage, pineapple, papaya and pepper. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Stir just before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
1 cup: 110 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 85mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Pineapple-Papaya Slaw
"Don't care for papaya - used mango instead. This is an awesome salad."
"A member at our Community Center's Pot Luck Luncheon brought this dish. I thought it was very good. The comments around me were all affirmative. Just did know it was a Taste of Home recipe until I saw it on the web-site."