Pineapple Orange Trifle Recipe
- 1 can (14 ounces) pineapple tidbits
- 2 cups cold 2% milk
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
- 1/3 cup sweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- 1. Drain pineapple, reserving 2/3 cup juice; set pineapple aside. In a large bowl, whisk the milk, pineapple juice and pudding mixes for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Whisk in sour cream; fold in oranges and pineapple.
- 2. Place a third of the cake cubes in a 3-qt. trifle bowl; top with a third of the pudding mixture. Repeat layers twice. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours. Combine whipped topping and extract; spread over the top. Sprinkle with coconut. Yield: 12 servings.
1 cup: 269 calories, 9g fat (7g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 404mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Pineapple Orange Trifle
"This dessert presented itself well was easy to make and tasted great. I didn't put the coconut on it but did a little orange zest to the top. Everyone loved it."
"I made this trifle for a church meeting and it was wonderful! I will make this again."
"Easy to make, easy to eat... ! This was liked by everyone at a recent family gathering, it was a nice light-tasting dessert, good after a big meal..."
"Light and delicious! Perfect for spring!"
"Very eye appealing, and tasty. I added sliced bananas onto each layer and finished with a few cherries on top"