Pineapple Orange Trifle
Guests are pleasantly surprised to see this lovely trifle on my holiday table. Coconut, pineapple and mandarin oranges lend a tropical taste to every spoonful.—Renee Schwebach, Dumont, Minnesota
12 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 can (14 ounces) pineapple tidbits
- 2 cups cold 2% milk
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
- 1/3 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- Drain pineapple, reserving 2/3 cup juice; set pineapple aside. In a
- large bowl, whisk the milk, pineapple juice and pudding mixes for 2
- minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Whisk in sour
- cream; fold in oranges and pineapple.
- Place a third of the cake cubes in a 3-qt. trifle bowl; top with a
- third of the pudding mixture. Repeat layers twice. Cover and
- refrigerate for 3 hours. Combine whipped topping and extract; spread
- over the top. Sprinkle with coconut. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 269 calories, 9 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 404 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.