- 1 can (14 ounces) pineapple tidbits
- 2 cups cold 2% milk
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
- 1/3 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- Drain pineapple, reserving 2/3 cup juice; set pineapple aside. In a large bowl, whisk the milk, pineapple juice and pudding mixes for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Whisk in sour cream; fold in oranges and pineapple.
- Place a third of the cake cubes in a 3-qt. trifle bowl; top with a third of the pudding mixture. Repeat layers twice. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours. Combine whipped topping and extract; spread over the top. Sprinkle with coconut. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Pineapple Orange Trifle
"Wonderfully easy and delicious! I used 15 oz. of mandarin oranges as I love them. This would be a great dessert to take to a potluck or serve at home."
"This dessert presented itself well was easy to make and tasted great. I didn't put the coconut on it but did a little orange zest to the top. Everyone loved it."
"When I made this dessert for the first time and took it to our church potluck, a lady asked me if she could take the bowl home and lick it out! Guess that says they liked it!"
"I made this trifle for a church meeting and it was wonderful! I will make this again."
"Easy to make, easy to eat... ! This was liked by everyone at a recent family gathering, it was a nice light-tasting dessert, good after a big meal..."