Guests are pleasantly surprised to see this lovely trifle on my holiday table. Coconut, pineapple and mandarin oranges lend a tropical taste to every spoonful.—Renee Schwebach, Dumont, Minnesota
Featured In: Top 10 Trifle Recipes
- 1 can (14 ounces) pineapple tidbits
- 2 cups cold 2% milk
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
- 1/3 cup sweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- Drain pineapple, reserving 2/3 cup juice; set pineapple aside. In a large bowl, whisk the milk, pineapple juice and pudding mixes for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Whisk in sour cream; fold in oranges and pineapple.
- Place a third of the cake cubes in a 3-qt. trifle bowl; top with a third of the pudding mixture. Repeat layers twice. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours. Combine whipped topping and extract; spread over the top. Sprinkle with coconut. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Pineapple Orange Trifle in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2010, p70
Reviews for Pineapple Orange Trifle
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 15, 2015
"I made this trifle for a church meeting and it was wonderful! I will make this again."
Reviewed Mar. 20, 2014
"Light and delicious! Perfect for spring!"
Reviewed Jul. 9, 2013
"Very eye appealing, and tasty. I added sliced bananas onto each layer and finished with a few cherries on top"