The sweet aroma of this tea wafting from a slow cooker warms the dreariest day. My daughter served it for a holiday open house, and coffee drinkers were instantly converted. I bring it to the office to spice up our break room beverage selections. —Carole J. Drennan, Abilene, Texas
Recommended: 28 Slow Cooker Drinks
- 2 quarts boiling water
- 16 individual tea bags
- 2 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 1 piece fresh gingerroot (1/2 inch), peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 whole cloves
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen pineapple juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 cup pomegranate or cranberry juice
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- Orange slices, optional
- In a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker, combine boiling water and tea bags. Cover and let stand 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place cinnamon sticks, ginger and cloves on a double thickness of cheesecloth. Gather corners of cloth to enclose seasonings; tie securely with string. Discard tea bags. Stir in remaining ingredients; add spice bag. Cook, covered, on low until heated through, 2-3 hours. Discard spice bag. Stir before serving. If desired, serve with orange slices. Yield: 12 servings (1 cup each).
Originally published as Pineapple-Orange Spiced Tea in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2015, p184
Reviews for Pineapple-Orange Spiced Tea
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review