Pineapple Orange Sherbet
I uses an ice cream maker to create delightful sherbet that's low in fat and high in demand.—Angela Oelschlaeger, Tonganoxie, Kansas
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Process 20 min./batch + freezing
- 3 cans (12 ounces each) orange soda
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) unsweetened crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 can (12 ounces) fat-free evaporated milk
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Fill ice cream freezer
- cylinder two-thirds full; freeze according to manufacturer's
- directions (refrigerate remaining mixture until ready to freeze).
- Transfer to a freezer container; allow sherbet to firm up in the
- refrigerator freezer for 2-4 hours before serving. Yield: about 2
Nutritional Facts: One serving (2/3 cup) equals 175 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 73 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.