Pineapple Orange Drink
Pineapple and cinnamon complement each other in this warm beverage from Roxanna Colon of Norco, Louisiana. "With pretty orange slices, this fruity drink is a favorite at holidays," she says.
9 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 6 cups water
- 3 cups orange juice
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 1 medium navel orange, sliced, optional
- Additional cinnamon sticks, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine the water, juices and sugar until sugar
- is dissolved; add the cinnamon stick. Heat through. Serve warm or
- transfer to a pitcher and chill until serving. Garnish with orange
- slices and cinnamon sticks if desired. Yield: about 2-1/4 quarts.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 110 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, trace sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.