- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, undrained
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) reduced-fat whipped topping
- In a large bowl, beat the cake mix, oranges, egg whites and applesauce on low speed for 2 minutes. Pour into a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a bowl, combine the pineapple and pudding mix. Fold in whipped topping just until blended. Spread over cake. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Yield: 15 servings.
Reviews for Pineapple Orange Cake
Sort By :
"This has been a family favorite for years. Have no idea why people have had tasteless, dry results. Never had that happen. Have been asked for recipes whenever I have served it at parties or brought to gatherings. Always make sure I have copies available. Wonderful summertime dessert! We are a family of diabetics so this treat is special"
"I can't wait to try this although I won't use sugar free because my daughter in law doesn't like the children to eat anything with artificial sweetener . Oh by the way it's Pig Lickin not Pig Pickin"
"I was very disappointed with this recipe. I agree with Tilda 04, it was dry and had no flavor. I was expecting an orangey tasting cake and could taste no orange. I made this for my grandson, age 13, and he did not care for it at all. He loves everything I make for him and is so easy to please, but this did not please. Had to throw it away."
"I don't know what all the ravening is about. This cake was not good at all. Made it yesterday, I didn't think it was moist. In fact it was a little dry and didn't have a taste. I will not make it again."
"Wonderful cake!! The Grandkids love helping make this cake. We enjoyed this very much. Thank you for sharing."