Pineapple Orange Cake
“This is one of my favorite cakes…it’s moist and light yet so satisfying. I’ve been adapting it for years and now it’s almost guilt-free,” says Pam Sjolund of Columbia, South Carolina.
15 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min. + chilling
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, undrained
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) reduced-fat whipped topping
- In a large bowl, beat the cake mix, oranges, egg whites and
- applesauce on low speed for 2 minutes. Pour into a 13x9-in. baking
- dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a bowl, combine the pineapple and pudding mix. Fold in whipped
- topping just until blended. Spread over cake. Refrigerate for at
- least 1 hour before serving. Yield: 15 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 231 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 310 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.