Pineapple-Onion Pork Chops Recipe
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1-1/2 cups DOLE Canned Pineapple Juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey mustard
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Add pork chops and shake to coat. In a skillet, brown the chops on both sides in butter. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Add water to dish. Place onion over chops. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine the pineapple juice, brown sugar and mustard. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Pour over pork. Bake, uncovered, for 5-10 minutes or until meat juices run clear. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 294 calories, 13 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 70 mg cholesterol, 332 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 23 g protein.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.