"I prepared these tender pork chops for my teenage grandson's birthday meal," writes Marjorie Bruner of Parchment, Michigan. Brown sugar and pineapple juice provide the onion-topped entree with its sweetness.
Featured In: 30 Pork Recipes Ready in 30 Minutes
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1-1/2 cups DOLE® Canned 100% Pineapple Juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey mustard
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Add pork chops and shake to coat. In a skillet, brown the chops on both sides in butter. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Add water to dish. Place onion over chops. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine the pineapple juice, brown sugar and mustard. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Pour over pork. Bake, uncovered, for 5-10 minutes or until meat juices run clear. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Pineapple-Onion Pork Chops in Quick Cooking January/February 2002, p45
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Pineapple-Onion Pork Chops
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 10, 2013
"The combination of flavors makes this dish perfect!"