- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh pineapple
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Set aside half of the flour mixture. In a small bowl, whisk butter and eggs. Stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in pineapple and nuts. Gradually add the reserved flour mixture.
- Pour into a greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over loaf. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Reviews for Pineapple Nut Bread
Sort By :
"The batter is heavy (because liquid needed for the dough comes from the pineapple) so mixing it by hand is recommended. There's nothing artificial about this recipe. The resulting bread has a wonderful fresh flavor without being overly sweet. Cinnamon sugar on top gives it a nice complimentary finish."