Pineapple Nut Bread Recipe
This lovely loaf has true Hawaiian taste with lots of luscious pineapple and macadamia nuts. Welcome your family and friends with a tempting slice today.Brittany Jewette, Ewa Beach, Hawaii
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh pineapple
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Set aside half of the flour mixture. In a small bowl, whisk butter and eggs. Stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in pineapple and nuts. Gradually add the reserved flour mixture.
- Pour into a greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over loaf. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Originally published as Pineapple Nut Bread in Taste of Home February/March 1996, p8
Reviews for Pineapple Nut Bread(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review