Pineapple Mint Salad Recipe
This cool refreshing salad goes with a variety of entrees. It has become our tradition during the Easter season. —Dorothy Showalter Broadway, Virginia
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + freezing YIELD:8-10 servings
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1 jar (10-1/2 ounces) mint jelly
- 2 to 3 drops food coloring, optional
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon confectioners' sugar
- 1. Line the bottom and sides of an 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan with foil, coat the foil with cooking spray. Set aside. Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set pineapple aside. Sprinkle gelatin over 1/4 cup of the pineapple juice; set aside.
- 2. In a saucepan, combine the jelly and remaining pineapple juice. Cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil. Remove from the heat; stir in gelatin mixture until dissolved. Stir in pineapple and food coloring if desired. Refrigerate until syrupy.
- 3. In a small bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form. Add confectioners' sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Fold into gelatin mixture. Pour into prepared pan. Freeze until firm.
- 4. Remove from the freezer 10-15 minutes before serving. Using foil, remove loaf from pan. Carefully peal off foil and discard. Using a serrated knife, cut salad into slices. Yield: 8-10 servings.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC