- dissolved. Spread meringue evenly over batter; sprinkle with
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until meringue is lightly
- browned. Cool in pans for 5 minutes; loosen edges of cakes from pans
- with a knife. Using two large spatulas, carefully remove cakes from
- pans; cool completely, meringue side up, on wire racks.
- In a small bowl, beat cream and vanilla until stiff peaks form. Fold
- in pineapple. Transfer one cake layer to a serving plate, meringue
- side up. Carefully spread filling over meringue; top with the
- remaining cake layer. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 10-12
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 331 calories, 21 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 119 mg cholesterol, 191 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.