- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (7 ounces) marzipan, crumbled
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Pineapple tidbits, patted dry
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line 16 muffin cups with paper or foil liners.
- In a large bowl, beat butter, marzipan and sugars until blended. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour and baking powder; gradually beat into butter mixture. Fold in crushed pineapple.
- Fill prepared cups two-thirds full. Bake 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small heavy saucepan, melt chocolate and butter over very low heat; stir until smooth. Cool slightly until mixture thickens to a spreading consistency. Spread over cupcakes. Top with pineapple. Yield: 16 cupcakes.
Originally published as Pineapple Marzipan Cupcakes in Taste of Home February/March 2014
Reviews for Pineapple Marzipan Cupcakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review