My husband and I make this recipe a lot when we eat outdoors, but it’s a great flavor burst to liven up the winter, too. It makes an interesting topper for chicken tacos or other poultry entrees.——Jeanne Wiestling, Minneapolis, Minnesota
Recommended: Top 10 Salsa Recipes
- 1/4 cup diced peeled mango
- 1/4 cup canned pineapple chunks, quartered
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped red onion
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Dash crushed red pepper flakes
- Dash salt, optional
- Tortilla chips
- In a serving bowl, combine the mango, pineapple, red onion, vinegar, cilantro, ginger, pepper flakes and salt if desired. Cover and refrigerate for 1-4 hours. Stir before serving. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: about 1/2 cup.
Originally published as Pineapple Mango Salsa in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p35
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Pineapple Mango Salsa
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review