Combining pineapple, mango and spices makes a sauce for chicken that is such a unique recipe and a favorite of so many friends and family. We like to grill the chicken with vegetable kabobs. —Kim Waites, Rutherfordton, North Carolina
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 cups undrained crushed pineapple
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 medium mangoes, peeled and chopped
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked rice
- In a small saucepan, combine the first five ingredients; bring to a
- boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 4-6
- minutes or until sauce is thickened and raisins are plumped,
- stirring occasionally. Stir in mangoes; heat through. Set aside.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs,
- lightly coat the grill rack. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the
- heat for 5-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads
- 170°. Serve with sauce and rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 chicken breast with 2/3 cup sauce (calculated without rice) equals 350 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 78 mg cholesterol, 369 mg sodium,