Pineapple Mallow Slaw Recipe
Coleslaw fit into my theme meal when I added pineapple tidbits to the mixture. Teamed with dried cranberries and miniature marshmallows, the fruity bits help give the dish a distinctive sweet-tart taste. Our guests loved it! -JoAnn Fox, Johnson City, Tennessee
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 5 min. + marinating YIELD:16-20 servings
- 9 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1-1/2 cups dried cranberries
- 1. In a large bowl, combine cabbage and pineapple. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, salt and celery seed. Pour into cabbage mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- 2. Fold in the marshmallows and cranberries 30 minutes before serving. Yield: 16-20 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 208 calories, 13 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 189 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC