Pineapple Mallow Slaw Recipe
Coleslaw fit into my theme meal when I added pineapple tidbits to the mixture. Teamed with dried cranberries and miniature marshmallows, the fruity bits help give the dish a distinctive sweet-tart taste. Our guests loved it! -JoAnn Fox, Johnson City, Tennessee
- 9 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1-1/2 cups dried cranberries
- In a large bowl, combine cabbage and pineapple. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, salt and celery seed. Pour into cabbage mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Fold in the marshmallows and cranberries 30 minutes before serving. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Originally published as Pineapple Mallow Slaw in Taste of Home October/November 2000, p37
Reviews for Pineapple Mallow Slaw
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 18, 2012
used a bottle dressing. nice change from regular cole slaw. kids loved the marshmallow.
Reviewed Jan. 5, 2011
Excellent salad. I sometimes omit the marshmallows and add grilled chicken which
makes a nice salad for lunch.