Pineapple Mallow Cream
"This fruit fluff is yummy and great for anyone who likes pineapple," assures Katie Anderson. In Spokane, Washington, she whips up the refreshing treat using only for ingredients. Prepare it ahead of time and let it chill during dinner for a delightful dessert.
2 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- In a saucepan, combine the marshmallows, pineapple and lemon juice.
- Cook and stir over low heat until marshmallows are melted and
- mixture is blended. Cover and chill until partially set. Fold in
- whipped cream. Spoon into serving dishes. Cover and chill for at
- least 30 minutes. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving: 1/2 cup equals 217 calories, 11 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 28 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fruit, 2 fat.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.