My family enjoys this summertime entree. It's quick, easy and oh-so-good served with cantaloupe wedges and iced tea. Each spicy-sweet bite reminds us of our trip to Hawaii.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 3/4 cup finely chopped macadamia nuts
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Caribbean jerk seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/4 cup crushed pineapple
- 1 tablespoon apricot preserves, warmed
- Lettuce leaves
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. In a shallow bowl, combine the nuts, seasoned salt, jerk seasoning, minced onion, onion powder and pepper. Place egg in another shallow bowl. Dip chicken in egg; coat with nut mixture. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil for 3-4 minutes on each side or until chicken juices run clear. In a small bowl, combine pineapple and apricot preserves. Place lettuce on each plate; top with chicken and pineapple mixture. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Pineapple Macadamia Chicken in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p174
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Pineapple Macadamia Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review