Pineapple Loaf Recipe
My family loves this bread for snacks or with our meals as dessert. At Christmas, I used mini loaf pans and give them as gifts. Betty Barker, Portland, Michigan
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1/4 cup juice; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a small bowl, whisk the pineapple, reserved juice, egg, milk and butter. Stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in walnuts.
- Pour into a greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 1 loaf (12 slices).
Originally published as Pineapple Nut Bread in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2005, p58
Reviews for Pineapple Loaf(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review