Pineapple Lime Pie
This pie is easy to make and good for any occasion. My husband served in the military for many years and, as we traveled, I served this pie many times.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 to 3 drops green food coloring, optional
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked or 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Shaved semisweet chocolate, optional
- In a bowl, combine milk, lime juice and pineapple. Stir in food
- coloring if desired. Spoon into crust. In a small bowl, beat cream
- until stiff peaks form; beat in sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time. Spoon
- over filling. Sprinkle with chocolate if desired. Chill for at least
- 8 hours. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 415 calories, 22 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 175 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 6 g protein.