Pineapple Lime Pie Recipe
This pie is easy to make and good for any occasion. My husband served in the military for many years and, as we traveled, I served this pie many times.
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 to 3 drops green food coloring, optional
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked or 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Shaved semisweet chocolate, optional
- 1. In a bowl, combine milk, lime juice and pineapple. Stir in food coloring if desired. Spoon into crust. In a small bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form; beat in sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time. Spoon over filling. Sprinkle with chocolate if desired. Chill for at least 8 hours. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 415 calories, 22 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 175 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC