Pineapple Lime Molds
From Glendale, New York, Meredith Bell shares a five-ingredient gelatin salad that's big on flavor and convenience. "It's a family favorite on special occasions," she writes. Mold the refreshing combination into individual salads or double the recipe to form one large ring.
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple
- 1 package (3 ounces) lime gelatin
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup lemon-lime soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set the pineapple aside. Add enough
- water to the juice to measure 1 cup; transfer to a saucepan. Bring
- to a boil; stir in gelatin until dissolved.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add gelatin mixture;
- beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Add soda and vanilla; beat for 1
- minute. Add reserved pineapple; beat on low for 1 minute. Pour into
- six individual molds or dessert dishes. Refrigerate for 4 hours or
- until set. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 220 calories, 13 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 148 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.