Pineapple Lime Gelatin Recipe
This recipe was passed down by my mother. We serve it often, but especially at Christmas and Thanksgiving. Of course, the green color makes it nice for St. Patrick’s Day, too. With the marshmallows, pecans and whipped cream, the sweet salad can even be served as a light dessert. I like to cook for both small groups and large crowds. When our entire family gets together for thanks and feasting, it’s a wonderful time!
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. + chilling YIELD:12 servings
- 1 package (3 ounces) lime gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water, divided
- 16 large marshmallows
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 to 3 drops green food coloring, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in 1 cup boiling water; set aside. In a small saucepan, combine marshmallows and remaining water. Cook over low heat until marshmallows are melted, stirring occasionally. Stir into gelatin. Refrigerate until partially set.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in pineapple. Fold in the gelatin mixture, whipped cream, pecans and food coloring if desired. Pour into a 6-cup mold coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate until set. Unmold onto a serving plate. Yield: 12 servings.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC